Business Data Analyst
We have a vacancy for a Business Data Analyst based at our Carnaby site, however there may be some support required at our Middleton site.
It is essential that the applicant for this role has excellent communication skills at all levels who can listen to team members to understand their needs and work with the ABG data to provide the appropriate reports, tools, advice and guidance to meet our business needs.
This role suits a theoretical and logical person with a natural analytical approach to problem solving. They must have in depth knowledge of ERP systems, ideally Syspro, and analytical tools and techniques.
A robust background in data retrieval is essential with particular focus on ERP, SQL, Excel, Microsoft Power BI and data manipulation and reporting techniques.
To apply, please submit either an application or your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 25th March 2022.
Location: Bridlington, East Yorkshire
Role Type: Full Time
Responsible To: Head of Operations
Job Reference Code: HRD-BD-JD-SBA
- To design, deliver insights from the data held within ABG to inform the Production, Sales and Market/Product Development strategies. Working in collaboration with ABG internal stakeholders/departments and external providers to deliver business objectives and continuous improvements in performance and market/product development programmes.
- Be part of the team to maximise our investment in our ERP package. Develop our internal processes to improve efficiency, data accuracy at key collection points and planning.
- Provide support to the workflow team on issuing jobs into production.
- Continue professional development to suite the requirements of the business.
- Adopt 5s and lean philosophy.
- Understand and operate within ABG’s key processes. Offer insights and suggested improvements.
- Communicate with internal colleagues to understand the needs of departments and the organisation in respect of data collection and Management Information (MI), reports and insights.
- Agree & produce Operational KPI reports and insights weekly for the Operations Team.
- Produce monthly project specific highlight reports to be submitted for discussion and review to the ABG Project Steering Board.
- Agree & produce bespoke performance insights as requested by the Operations Team.
- Attend (weekly/monthly) ABG Operational Management meetings reporting back to the ABG Departmental Management Team as and when required.
- Work with external stakeholders to understand and investigate tools and techniques available for data collection, analysis and feedback.
- Use data modelling practices to analyse findings and work with Operations Management Team to identify operational and performance improvements.
- Produce written & visual documentation to support operations management and present to stakeholders when necessary.
- Support the staff and teams in making the recommended changes, by making data and insights available and communicating these to the teams.
- Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
- Creation of bespoke reports for internal ABG stakeholders and provision of report specific end user training as and required.
- Investigate current features and keep up to date with new features within the ERP software we use. Make suggestions as to how ABG could make us of these and be part of the team to implement them.
- Lead the business in understanding the value of data analysis and understanding insights
- Consultative support ABG Department Managers for delivery of overall ABG strategic business aims
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk to and present to a range of audiences.
- The ability to act as an intermediary between parties to translate how information technology can support the organisation’s needs.
- Project management skills and in-depth knowledge of the full project commissioning cycle.
- Previous experience of ERP packages. Good knowledge of SQL, Excel, Microsoft Power BI and data manipulation techniques.
- The ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within project timeframes.
- A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change.
- Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach.
- A strong interest in business and business development.
- A good understanding of information technology
- Organised approach
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Detail Orientated
- Problem Solving
- Positive Attitude
- Health and Safety of self and colleagues
- Data Processing of critical information
- Data security and confidentiality